Green Building B2B SaaS Startup - Sales Executive
What We Need
LightStanza is the architectural industry's most comprehensive lighting analysis software (SaaS) tool, allowing designers to create buildings that use less energy and are healthier for people. This is a global problem that millions of architects and consultants address every day.
We are seeking an Account Executive to join us and increase the number of architecture firms using LightStanza SaaS (Software as a Service). In this role, you'll have the chance to help define and grow our sales process. You are friendly and confident, and motivated to build relationships and drive sales. You are an effective communicator who is able to listen to a prospective customer, understand their needs, then educate them on the benefits of the LightStanza software tool.Above all, you can take the initiative to identify, foster and close sales with little direction. You are self-driven and excited by the prospect of being the first sales person in an exciting, SaaS startup with unlimited potential.
We offer a valuable compensation plan that includes a base salary, health benefits, paid vacation, and a generous commission of 40% of every sale for the first year because our goal is for you to hit the ground running and enjoy quick success. We have dozens of of leads to pursue and prospects in the sales process for you to take the lead on and receive full commission as they are closed.
We are a small, innovative startup that's passionate about building well-designed tools that help architects make actionable and meaningful decisions that change the way buildings are created. We work hard at LightStanza, but also have fun together because we're a close-knit group that genuinely enjoys each other's company. We value openness, transparency and good communication.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with the founder, who is overloaded with sales leads
- Respond to all inbound sales calls
- Track all leads and manage Sales Funnel and Forecast
- Identify new prospects and ID qualified prospects
- Lead in-person and web conference product demos
- Make cold calls and write emails
- Be responsible for closing sales and meeting sales goals
What We're Looking For
- U.S. residents only, Boulder-Denver metro area candidates preferred
- Full-time position; working virtually a possible option
- 2-3 years of proven sales track record when you worked with a monthly sales quota
- Ambitious and motivated for closing deals
- Experience with B2B selling, preferably software or other technology a plus
- Ability to embrace technology and learn how to demo our software essential
- Experience with CRM, Salesforce
- Degree in Architecture, Lighting, Building Science or related is a plus
- Interest in sustainable design and its impact on human health appreciated
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who can be efficient with limited resources.
- You are technologically fluent and able to easily understand new technology and learn to use it quickly.
- Can communicate a strong value proposition, prove true ROI of SaaS, and pitch to achieve maximum impact.
- Know how to build strong interpersonal relationships without necessarily meeting them in person, but by using email, phone calls, webinars and conference calls.
- Know how to create desire for a product and deliver value, not simply sell features.
- Know the difference between selling and listening. You know how to listen to what a customer needs, and quickly position to sell them on how our product will benefit them.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Need
We take pride in building something that matters, and are looking for Full-Stack Software Engineers who take ownership and pride in their work as they bring problems to completion. At LightStanza, we value diversity in work styles and ways of thinking, and actively seek team members who can work independently to produce astute solutions without top-down management, while still maintaining strong communication skills within a small adaptable team. We are looking for high performers who want diverse opportunities for growth, and want to be challenged, not only within engineering but also in running a business. With multiple innovation awards, we welcome engineers who are ready to solve brilliant problems at a company that values quality and meaningful work at the cutting edge of information and building technology, with great partners who care about design and the environment. Most importantly, we are interested in building the right (happy) team. For compatibility and long-term growth, we are for people whose passions align with ours.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. Experience in: Node, Mongodb, Angular, Three.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Websockets, SSL, and linux administration
What We Offer
We are a true small business (i.e. a single founder with no layers of VC or corporate investors) which is becoming rarer every day in the tech industry. We believe small companies are the best innovators in our economy when they are driven by core values and not just the trend or bottom line. LightStanza has won multiple innovation grants through the Department of Energy and National Science Foundation.
We are offering an incredible option to gain ownership in LightStanza, both in equity and in shaping the product, as we want our team to be more than just employees. We are a fun, flexible, and down-to-earth office. We are just as user-driven as we are data-driven, and our engineers and designers work very closely for a tight-knit and versatile team, with a common goal of being widely successful. We value input and focus on individual growth and discovery within the company.
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief email to us at
email@example.com. In your email, please tell us a bit about yourself - why LightStanza interests you and why you feel you can help make LightStanza a success.